Monday, January 25, 2010

What a nice weekend

It's always nice when you can finish Sunday evening reflecting on "what a nice weekend" it was.  I guess it wasn't anything in particular that made it so great, but the collective all of the nice events.  On Friday night, Brandon took the kids (Chloe and Seth) skiing- so just like last year, girls night was on.  LaRee and I had some nice quality time together and then enjoyed dinner and a movie with a bunch of our girlfriends from Sultan.  Dinner ofcourse was at Benjarong.  It's pretty much the default location for us to go.  Lucky enough for me, it also happens to be my favorite Thai restaurant.  Conversation was great as always, with the ladies updating eachother with their latest happenings and chiming in with opinions.  The movie "Leap Year"  was a sappy chick flick with some much needed acting lessons, but it was funny and left us smiling and feeling good.  Overrall, it was just nice to hang out with good friends.  The kind that take you as you are, quirks and all.  Since we got back so late Friday night (had to wait for the boys ofcourse) we could do nothing else but sleep in late Saturday morning.  Snuggling with my hubby as he was late for work and I late for my day was well worth it.  By the time my day was in full swing, Seth and I were hurrying down to Maple Valley for the twin's second birthday.  I still can't believe it.  I know that I think it every time my kiddos grow older, but time really did fly for Evan and Greta.  The party was wonderful.  Their home was full of family, friends and lots of kids!  And as always, the kids were the picture of perfection.  It's not often you find 2 yr olds that are willing to share their home, eat with company around, and still have lady n' gentleman style manners.  They really are such good kids.  After that fun, we were able to pick up Seth's  best friend, Connor for a sleep over.  When we finally made it home, B was surprisingly there.  We had dinner and then an all out battle between the boys and B and I.  Seth didn't know his mom was soooo goooood.  lol.. it took some convincing from Connor that mom kickin their butt was still alot of fun.  Sunday was another easy going morning.  Church was nice, met some new people and got to know a few better.  It's a slow process, but still good.  Afterward, B had home teaching, and the boys and I played Apples2Apples.  You really cannot go wrong with that game, it's easy for any age.  Taking Connor home, we thought our weekend had come to a close- but we got a chance to stop by our dear friends, the Hurleys, and chat for a few more hours before heading back to Bothell.  Which leaves me here,  eating a bowl of peppermint icecream and reflecting of what was truly a nice weekend it was. 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

good post! :) Glad you guys are having such a fun life.