Thursday, April 1, 2010

What a ham!

A few weeks back, Seth told me he had a speaking part in a musical the fourth and fifth grade classes were putting on at school.  A little bit in shock, my immediate response was, "really?".   Up until now Seth has always refused to do anything onstage, with exception of the school concerts where he is just another face in the crowd.  He's always said "i can't, i have stage fright".   So i assumed it was probably a small class project.  I was quite surprised when we showed up to the 1:15 program and the entire school was there.  And again at the 7:00 program, in which the entire auditorium was filled with standing room only.  The program was wonderful.  All of the kids did such a great job, the music was fantastic.  (So much so, that i woke up this morning with the song "go west" still ringing in my head)...  And there, right there, smack in the front of it all was my little monkey.  He was so excited to be a part of it,  that somehow he found his way to the front of every scene.  What a crack up.  The best way to describe it is just that he was a total ham!  I was laughing so hard the entire time that i had to brace the video camera on the chair in front of me just to keep it from shaking.  I am so proud of him conquering his fears.  I love my sweet boy!

Seth (middle) and two friends before the play-
seth was a trapper, cowpoke and a pioneer man

In the pictures below, look for him in the brownish-red vest
singing the "go west song"

seth as a "trapper", his favorite role

the finally, front and center...lol
(sorry it's blurry- blame it on my crappy camera)

No comments: