Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter and so much more...

Thank goodness for Easter Sunday,  we've been so busy these past few weeks that it's hard to keep up with everything.   But Easter weekend came right on time and along with it came general conference.  thank goodness.  i am so greatful to have a prophet of God here on this earth as well as many other leaders placed in my life to help guide me when i've gone off course.  it's so funny all the many different things people hear directed specifically towards them during conference.  this year for me was forgiveness and listening to my children.  i know there are many other people who listened intently to conference and probably didn't hear those things at all, but trust me when i say- it was screamin' loud and clear in my ear as if Heavenly Father was thinkin' i'm deaf.  i'd like to say i usually don't have a problem with the first, but those who are close to me know that i've struggled with one situation in particular recently.  so i did what i've was asked and i'm so thankful for His patience with me.  i love the feeling of weightlessness and freedom from the adversary's grasp when we do as were asked.  as for the second, i can see this as an answer to my prayers.  raising seth the right way so he can make wise choices and return to our Heavenly Father has been weighing so heavy on my heart lately.  i feel that i am ill prepared to protect him from the dangers of this world.  i think of my girls often, and want to be close to them.  i want them to know how important they are to me and feel i am there any time they need.  but instead i find myself living so far away and feeling like i cannot help them at all.  but the answers are there, they always have been.  And just like always, Heavenly Father patiently reminds me.  Read my scriptures, have daily prayer, and listen to my children.  Crazy how simple it is. 

On Sunday  LaRee and Chloe came over for conference and between the two sessions we had lunch and an easter egg hunt.  Lunch was simple and perfect.  Nothing too fancy- just potato leek soup with roast beef sandwiches.  The egg hunt continued the easy going pace of the day.  If i could sum up my Easter in one word, "perfect"- just the way i like it. 

easter egg hunting


yes, sometimes the bunny lays eggs in trees.. lol

my sweet boy

my silly niece

2 comments:

Jessyka Parsons Photography said...

If I am one of the "girls" which I think I am... You are always there for me. Always have been. Especially with my annoying 17 calls in a week about the same lame parenting questions! I love you Em.
Don't be to hard on yourself.

Unknown said...

What a cute blog you have! It is so nice of you to share your blog with us. We love and miss Brandon. We are so glad that you and Seth make him so happy.