Saturday, March 6, 2010

who says two year olds are no fun?

I don't usually highlight my friends in my blog, but today is different... Before we lived in Bothell, we lived in Sultan, before that we lived in Maple Valley.  And that is where I met Alexis.  Alexis is an amazing mom (and a dear friend), to one of my favorite sets of twins, Greta and Evan.    Often I hear parents complain about how difficult their two year olds are (I know that every parent deals with frustrations, but I'm talking about the ones that make it a habit).  And occasionally we find parents who find joy in the daily challenges,  meet Alexis (aka super mom) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
She is the focus of my post because she is the type of parent that makes kiddy enthusiasts like me smile.  (by the way, you can threaten me later Alexis, but no, i'm not deleting this post..lol).  I don't get to spend nearly as much time with Alexis and the twins as I used to, and it's definitely not enough, but when I do I am always thrilled to see how well they are thriving. Greta and Evan are smart, polite, and silly!- and it is easy to see how secure they are with their world because they know they are loved.  And really who wouldn't love them?- they are practically perfect in every way!  Yesterday we had the chance to spend some time together feeding the ducks and going to the park.  There were so many great pics I got while we were together- here are some of the best ones





thanks for letting me share such a wonderful day with you all

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Thank YOU for making our day so wonderful, Emily! The twins are off to such a great start because of the support and love of family and friends of whom Emily is a central part. (It's like you and I belong to a mutual admiration society.) Can't wait to see you again.

kathykays said...

You convert theories of early childhood education into effective tips and pointers for training and managing babies through the emerging developmental stages. You have been a blessing for Alexis, Greta and Evan! Thank you for sharing your pictures and perspectives from your sunny day on the ridge. That IS a super special picture of Seth coming down the water slide, complete with splash!