Wednesday, March 3, 2010

when the frogs sing

I love this time of year, the elements of spring are everywhere.  I know that this weather likely will not last, and that it is unusually warm- but it is wonderful.  The crocus, tulips, hyacinths,  and cherry trees are in full bloom.  The birds are singing and my favorite- the frogs are chirping.  I'm not sure if you've ever noticed, but every frog has a different song.  Currently we have two that sing to eachother in the green belt behind our house.  One creeks and the other croaks.  Listening to them sing reminds me of catching frogs in soos creek and the simple pleasures of my childhood.  I feel so lucky to live in this beautiful country of ours.

2 comments:

Jessyka Parsons Photography said...

FYI your posts are super hard to read with the dark dot background!
Spring is great, but I can't wait for summer. Miss you.t

Tasha said...

Cherry blossoms are already blooming there!? Not here...spring has not arrived here yet. :(