Friday, February 11, 2011

Almost a year... ooops~

Wow, it's been almost a year since my last post.  I cannot say how many times I sat down to the computer and tried to update.  The longer I waited the more updates I needed to post.  Trying to think of all the wonderful things that have happened without missing anything got to a point of overwhelming, until now.  Now it's past that point.. now I feel like I can just list some of our highlights. So here goes- my list of super awesomeness for the year (please excuse if I miss any events).
*Pine Wood Derby
  - our very last one for Seth's cubscouts.  So sad but we made it a big one and had a blast!
*Seth got his Arrow of light
  - pretty big accomplishment for our little man
*Brandon's birthday/Cinco de Mayo Bash
*Our big Utah/California trip
  - Alyssia's highschool graduation (so awesome!)
  -Visiting Sabrina and her family
  - and ofcourse Disneyland! (I can never get enough)
*Seth finishing an awesome year of 5th grade
*Seth's 11th birthday
  - in may we surprised him by not going straight home from Utah but heading to California instead.
  -camping at Boulder Cave with his bf Connor
   -horseback riding for the boys (they loved it)
   -went into 11 yr old scouts
*Seth's horseback riding lessons
  - his bday was such a hit we had him do a few more lessons over the summer.
*We finally got pregnant in July! We're due on April 8th
  -we are currently 32 weeks along (again, really bad on the updates)
  - lots of ups and downs, too many to count really. so i'll sit down with a separte list sometime
  -it's a girl!
*My 35 birthday
  - ugh.  Not something to write home about, but noteable just the same
*Moved, again!!
  -We're still here in Bothell, actually only 3 minutes away from what I refer to as "the rat hole" (named for catching 16 rats in the last 3 months we lived there)
  -living in a beautiful home, I'm very pleased as a side note
  -Seth is now attending Fernwood Elementary in Mr. Weaver's class.  I'm still loving the Northshore school district
*All of the holidays were awesome
  - I'll update pics separately
*Seth has started piano lessons again.
  -he's now taking lessons from Sister Gould who is wonderful!
  -I still cannot believe how talented he is
*Brandon has had another successful year with his business and trading
  -side note I am sooooo proud of him!!!
*The overrall year was fantastic!
  -I am more in love this year than last to my sweet husband
  -I feel so blessed to have such an amazing little man for my son
  -anxious, but excited for my little girl on the way (so weird I'm having a daughter)
  -love my friends and family and could not feel more blessed by my loving Heavenly Father

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Love This! Wow! Love you and Miss you tons Miss Emily! So, So, So happy for all of the wonderful things going on in your life! Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

WOW! She writes! I heard that you were having a girl from Alli on facebook. Congrats! So exciting! I loved reading about your year. I hope you continue to post. I sure love reading about your great family. Tell Brandon we love and miss him!

Tasha said...

Yay an update!! :)