Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet...

So please let me start off with a bit of a complaint..> Not that getting ready for the blue and gold was stressful enough, or that it ofcourse didn't go exactly how my little brain had hoped... but my camera (Aaaahhh! makes me want to scream)  is the worst!  Every time i take a picture it either is blurry or refuses to snap the shot.  ugh... on that note, here are some of the best shots i could get (unfortunately) of Seth's very last blue and gold banquet for cubscouts.  I am so proud of him and how hard he has worked for all his pins/badges.
Seth carrying the flag out to start the ceremony


leading the pledge


We made "hotdog racecars" for the theme Birthday at the races


our friend, Brad Catlin, loaned us his real pine wood derby hotdog,
and my mom loaned us the silver cup for decorations.


I made 50 fleur de lis cookies for the kids to frost... yum
(thanks for the recipe jess)

B is subbing in as acting weblos leader until
they can find a permanent one.. gotta love 'm.


my amazing daddy came up to enjoy the festivities


the boys and i had a special presentation for the
parents and leaders.. kinda cheesy, but the boys made it cool


seth getting his faith in God knot (patch)
and other awards.. only 4 left!




2 comments:

Tasha said...

Good job Seth!

Janet said...

Congratulations to Seth!!! Did you know Steve is out cubmaster and I am the cub committee chair? We just had our blue and gold banquet so I know how much work that was!